How to Record With Your Smart Phone/Video
This recording can be accomplished with very basic
a smart-phone or video cam; a play-back device (computer, iPad, etc.); and ear-phones.
START by viewing this brief
video: click here
or paste in your browser: https://vimeo.com/400648727
NEXT REVIEW STEP-BY-STEP
- Set up the recording context; find the quietest place possible; listen for sounds and turn off sources (appliances, heating,
- Position your Smart Phone to record video of yourself in “portrait”
- Position yourself in front of a plain background so you are seen from mid-waist to
head (10% head room);
- Position your vocal score so that you can see it but it cannot be seen; turn pages
- Have your playback device (NOT your phone or recording device) accessible but not in
- Wear headphones or ebuds connected to your playback device.
- Start your video recording;
- Settle yourself in position;
- State your name the song you are recording and your vocal range (Sop, Alto or
- Play the track so only you can hear it; (you can start just before you come in, but
once begun, do not stop the recording until the entire song is done.
- Sing along with the piano model as per the vocal score;
- Listen to your work; check for good diction and intonation; be happy with the way you
- Up load your video to We Transfer at https://wetransfer.com/. You will need to agree to their use terms then you can easily ADD
YOUR FILES and use the Email function to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put YourLastName, Song Number, and Voice Part in MESSAGE (e.g., Smith,No.1,Sop).
- You will receive confimation by return email within a few days. (If not, check with Jack at